Clear all

Some suggestions? - Gaming Laptop  

RSS

MasterPi
(@masterpi)
New Member Registered
June 14, 2019 13:20  

Hi guys,

I've always benn a gamer and up until the middle of last year I had a desktop PC. After my daughter was born I just don't have the space for a full size gaming rig anymore so I sold it all together.

After almost a year of practically absence of gaming (the NVS4200 in the T520 isn't really fit for gaming) I'm thinking about getting a gaming laptop on a budget.

I'd like to get a reasonable laptop with a 6-Core CPU and a graphics like the 1660Ti / 1070 / 2060 for they have a similar performance.

I do not have a problem with getting a used unit, but the sheer amount of available machines is just insane.

Have you any suggestions? (the budget is about 1100 - 13000 €)

Thank you!

Topic Tags
thehumangerm
(@thehumangerm)
Eminent Member Registered
June 15, 2019 08:35  

If you are a casual gamer and don't dive heavy into games super sensitive on latency you might want to look into Shadow PC. It is essentially a remote virtual machine of windows 10 that is optimized for gaming. It does come with a subscription of course but the good news is you actually own your games and can use your current steam library etc. You also can pay for a month at a time if your play is not consistent saving the fee on months you don't plan on playing. You can play on a good tablet if you wanted to. As far as A laptop AMD has partnered with almost every major Laptop manufacture for a new line of Ryzen 3000 laptops. They will be hitting the market starting on the 7th. You will likely see a lot better battery life etc on those systems than the Intel alternatives. If you buy used realize that you will not have any screen warranty and depending on the age will have to deal with a battery that may have sub optimal performance or life span. After computex a lot of new laptops will be hitting the market so you might want to wait a month if not for the increased flow of used laptops that will likely hit the market with the launch on the 7th. 

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by thehumangerm

ReplyQuote

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!