Notifications
Clear all

Just ordered parts for my new build...  

RSS

Remklep
(@remklep)
Active Member Registered
July 1, 2019 05:31  

First off, I didn't ordered everything yet, but everything except the motherboard, CPU, DDR4, M.2 and GPU.

The reason for getting it now is that in the past after a big release of new hardware, hardware prices of most components tend to go up for a couple of months before settling down again.
I thought about also getting a 32GB G-Skill Trident Z 3833 CL18 kit, but decided to wait to see how the new G-Skill Trident Neo kits turn out.

So I bought:
Case: BeQuiet Dark Base pro 900 rev. 2 with glass window
CaseFans: 9 Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax black 140mm (the BeQuiet SilentWings 3 140mm that come with the case will be tossed)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4
CPU Cooler Fans: 2 Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM Chromax Black
CPU Cooler Cover: Noctua NA-HC4 Chromax White
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra 1000W Titanium
HDD: 2 WD RED 4TB

Now I have to wait until September to buy the CPU and GPU.

Jim liked
Trustadz
(@trustadz)
New Member Registered
July 2, 2019 10:37  

Several questions,

Why would you throw out the be-quiet fans? Be quiet has been on par with noctua for years.
Why a 1000W PSU, seems a bit overkill, even though I have no idea what kind of gear you'll be rocking (would be helpfull if you mentioned that).
Why no SSD?

Why 9 140mm fans? There is room for 6 in the case...

Do you know what configuration you'll use the fans?

ReplyQuote
Remklep
(@remklep)
Active Member Registered
July 2, 2019 12:23  
Posted by: Trustadz

Several questions,

Why would you throw out the be-quiet fans? Be quiet has been on par with noctua for years.
Why a 1000W PSU, seems a bit overkill, even though I have no idea what kind of gear you'll be rocking (would be helpfull if you mentioned that).
Why no SSD?

Why 9 140mm fans? There is room for 6 in the case...

Do you know what configuration you'll use the fans?

Why toss the beQuiet fans? Frankly I don't like them, had a couple fail in customer builds whereas no Noctua yet. My server and 19" rack are also cooled by Noctua fans, none have failed, running just over 5 years after the upgrade 5 years ago.

Why a 1kW PSU? An 80 Plus Titanium PSU has it's highest efficiency at 50% rated load. My build should come out around 600W when done. Suites me fine. The GPU will be a 2080 ti or whatever Nvidia has that's faster in september (besides the Titan RTX, that's just stupidly expensive). I might overclock, so I prefer some build-in reserves.

Why no SSD? There will be a SSD, like I mentioned, a M.2. This will only be used for running the OS. All my existing drives will be transplanted, an Intel PCI-e SSD 750 and a Samsung 850Pro Sata SSD.

Only 6 140mm fan slots in the case? Download the manual. It states a total of 3 behind the front panel, 3 under the top panel, 2 under the PSU shroud and 1 on the back panel. 3+3+2+1=9. I prefer a positive pressure setup. It will have 5 input (front and bottom) and 4 output fans (top and back).

ReplyQuote

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!