What are your tips ...

Share:

What are your tips for cheap holidays?  

RSS

noisygirlkk
(@noisygirlkk)
New Member Registered
December 23, 2019 06:06  

As much as I'm into saving and maximising the efficiency of my money, I'd like to travel a bit as I haven't really to this point.

I'm aware of friends and people online managing to go on trips to Europe for as little as a few hundred pounds for several days to a week at a time. What are your tips for getting the most value out of travelling? This applies to Europe and further abroad. Where to avoid and where are under appreciated locations?

Topic Tags
jessicarobert
(@jessicarobert)
New Member Registered
December 26, 2019 05:10  

There are several deal sites that are offering numerous travelling discounts like hotel deals, cruise deals, airfare deal, and so on.

ReplyQuote
brucebendwick
(@brucebendwick)
New Member Registered
December 31, 2019 02:20  

You can visit Pakistan as its in the top countries for tourism this year. I've heard about it that their government is taking it seriously and have controlled the terrorism in their country very effectively. And it's also very cheap to travel to that country as my friend whom I met on a distance learning program initiated by German High council is from PAKISTAN, I also watched many vloggers enjoying there! I wish I could go there any time in my life. And if you want another option, then you should try my country Poland. You'll love it. You can be my guest.  😊 

ReplyQuote
yeehi
(@yeehi)
Eminent Member Registered
January 9, 2020 06:26  

The cheapest time to buy flights is usually 6 weeks before departure. That is when airlines are obliged to publish information. Search for flights using TOR or private browsing mode, so that tracking cookies don't ramp up the price for you on successive checks. 

ReplyQuote
Olle P
(@olle-p)
Active Member Registered
January 10, 2020 03:01  

Europe on the cheap can be possible, a bit depending on where you start from and your demands in terms of travel and lodging.

Cheap countries to stay in is Bulgaria and Rumania. Albania is also supposed to be low cost and highly underrated for tourism. I've never visited any of those nations myself though.

Poland, as suggested by Bruce above, was very nice when I went there in '92. Can't say what's happened since.

I've done Iceland relatively cheap, but that's only possible because my wife has many relatives there. Hotels, car rental and restaurants are expensive! 

If you travel by bicycle and go couch surfing you can get around fairly cheap just about anywhere (as proven by my friend Fredrika Ek).

ReplyQuote

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Please Login or Register