$AMD Stock Discussion  

Page 3 / 3
  RSS

cog
 cog
(@cog)
Active Member Registered
August 9, 2019 05:40  

EPYC should surely be what drives AMD stock now.

I haven't looked at the numbers, but desktop enthusiast has to be a smaller potential market than server. Even GPU is being pushed for server. The margins will be bigger, and the market share and overall market can/will grow.

Desktop enthusiast CPU and GPU probably help marketing. There has to be some cross-over between IT department employees and PC enthusiasts.

ReplyQuote
dapie
(@dapie)
New Member Registered
August 14, 2019 13:39  

EPYC/AMD has some convincing to do out there, AMD has been a minor player for the last few years. They have mucked things up a bit in the past also. So it is about regaining/re-installing confidence I think.

Things won't change drastically, straight away. Will take some time.

All those years Intel etc have been sewing up the markets. They still earn money today that AMD are still striving to achieve/take.

Lastly perhaps until we have apples to apples (AMD 7nm vs Intel 7nm etc) maybe some customers, investors will have doubts about who really is 'leading'.

ReplyQuote
muziqaz
(@muziqaz)
Trusted Member Registered
August 14, 2019 15:49  

Investors do not care who is leading in the process tech. All they care is add more value to their portfolio. Return of investment. Company could be on 65nm for all they care, as long as their investment returns money, all is good.

Rome release was like day and night vs Naples release.

Naples was, hey we are back, look at us.

Rome was, shut up and give me all your money. 

Asrock x570Taichi/3900x/Radeon7/16Gb3600Mhz/Samsung970Evo+Intel750Series/SamsungHDR-Freesync2
Hero7/2700x/Vega64LE/8Gb2933Mhz/DellUltraSharp4K
Blue eyed WRX STI

Irata liked
ReplyQuote
alysdexia
(@alysdexia)
New Member Registered
May 27, 2020 19:54  
Posted by: @irata
Posted by: @cog

I think it's understandable, Zen2 is positive news. Navi ... not so much.

Why is Navi not good news ? Its power consumption is finally decent (compared to Vega and and Polaris), price is OK-ish from the consumer perspective and probably good from AMD's and performance is also really good. Navi gets to 2080 territory in AMD optimized games and does very well against nVidia in others (that I assume are optimized for nVidia more or less).

Learn punctuation, irata: ? and ! aren't words.

PC -> desktop, DT, Wintel

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!