Notifications
Clear all

Requests for the next AdoredTV Podcast  

RSS

Matthew Connatser
(@matthew-connatser)
Member Moderator
February 22, 2020 19:24  

Hey guys, so we just uploaded our second podcast episode (which can be found here), and we really want to know if you guys have anything you all want us to talk about in the next one. We don't really have a set schedule for the podcast, so feel free to keep leaving comments until the next episode is made. It would also help us if some of you guys posted lots of news in forums so that we can not only see it but show the forum threads on the podcast. Thank you all for participating in the forum.

yeehi liked
F7GOS
(@f7gos)
Eminent Member Registered
February 25, 2020 07:47  

Been really enjoying the Podcasts so far. even if it doesn't go full on scripted it might be a good idea to add in one or two consistent 'Segments' each week sorted through out.

Sure it would be a bit of trial and error till you land on segments which the listeners engage with but having consistencies through a podcast series will help retention.

1. A look back at one specific piece of hardware from yesteryear.. why it was good / bad with some smatterings of personal anecdotes thrown in along the way. I know I could talk the legs off a donkey about my first Athlon 64 for example and I'm sure you guys have similarly important parts.

2. "Things that never were" .. those oddball ideas, promises and tech items that were going to revolutionise something in one way or another then... Well ... Were simply relegated to history without as much as a squeak. Doesn't need to be extensive but it's always good to get an audience to go hmm I remember that .. or have them go down some random rabbit hole after the pods finished to find out about it. 

3. Games that pushed tech forward. Might be a non starter as it could take a lot more research than the other two which could be more anecdotal in nature but again mixing anecdotes with fact is always a good listen and can give a new spin on topics that have been covered elsewhere.

Feel Free to check out the F7GOS youtube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/F7GOS

yeehi liked
ReplyQuote
yeehi
(@yeehi)
Trusted Member Registered
March 4, 2020 21:15  
Posted by: @f7gos

Been really enjoying the Podcasts so far. even if it doesn't go full on scripted it might be a good idea to add in one or two consistent 'Segments' each week sorted through out.

Sure it would be a bit of trial and error till you land on segments which the listeners engage with but having consistencies through a podcast series will help retention.

1. A look back at one specific piece of hardware from yesteryear.. why it was good / bad with some smatterings of personal anecdotes thrown in along the way. I know I could talk the legs off a donkey about my first Athlon 64 for example and I'm sure you guys have similarly important parts.

2. "Things that never were" .. those oddball ideas, promises and tech items that were going to revolutionise something in one way or another then... Well ... Were simply relegated to history without as much as a squeak. Doesn't need to be extensive but it's always good to get an audience to go hmm I remember that .. or have them go down some random rabbit hole after the pods finished to find out about it. 

3. Games that pushed tech forward. Might be a non starter as it could take a lot more research than the other two which could be more anecdotal in nature but again mixing anecdotes with fact is always a good listen and can give a new spin on topics that have been covered elsewhere.

All three of @F7GOS ideas are great suggestions.  

I would like to see a "Used to be Hard" section, something like a discussion of the used car market but for computer hardware. One way consumers can really punish exploitative manufacturers is to not buy their goods directly. Give the profits to other consumers through buying second-hand. 

Nvidia want to prevent this happening by having us use hardware as a service, never owning anything. They eventually plan on not selling  us anything at all and having us rent the use instead. 

ReplyQuote

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!