Share:

NVIDIA CEO SAYS BUYING A GPU WITHOUT RTX CAPABILITY IS “CRAZY”  

RSS

P.J
 P.J
(@pjdouillard)
Active Member Registered
August 17, 2019 14:32  

After talking to artistic directors and developers in my hometown, they said that raytracing itself will not be mainstream before 4-5 years.  There is too much impact on the game's content that haven't been analyzed vs the way games are created.  Eventually yes raytracing will be done, but not in the immediate future.  Thus, buying raytracing capable GPUs is a waste of money right now since they do not offer the power level required to produce good raytracing in real time.

So, stick to your 1080Ti guys and save some more money for when it will be relevant.

yeehi liked
Luke
 Luke
(@lukedotde)
Eminent Member Registered
August 19, 2019 02:44  

Funny how this statement came out 1 day before assetto corsa competizione's develop announced they will not invest any more energy into RTX. 

yeehi liked
ReplyQuote
F7GOS
(@f7gos)
Eminent Member Registered
August 28, 2019 09:08  

Im inclined to agree with Jensen.... RT looks phenomenal 

Only issue I have with his statement is the fact that none of his cards other than those based on TU102 can really do ray tracing either.

At this point I've had a RTX 2060 which, while a nice card aesthetically (msi ventus) was so limited in its actual use it was laughable to call it an RTX card.

Same with the 2080. Built a rig for a client a couple of weeks back and while it was much more impressive than the TU106 cards it still needed more grunt than it had available to say its really RTX ready. 

But hey Jensen, if you want to bring out a card that can actually do what it says on the box well and not release another round of early access alpha products then I am onboard.

Until that day comes though, ill continue buying the best bang for buck raster cards thank you...

Feel Free to check out the F7GOS youtube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/F7GOS

ReplyQuote
TheoneandonlymrK
(@theoneandonlymrk)
New Member Registered
September 1, 2019 08:03  

@lukedotde

Could be more comedy incoming if Nvidias next press release is to out the 1650ti.

ReplyQuote
martinbrown4446
(@martinbrown4446)
New Member Registered
September 3, 2019 06:03  

its funny... 😆 

ReplyQuote

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Please Login or Register