Share:

Joe Macri, VP/CTO at AMD talks at Sweclockers Live in Stockholm  

RSS

Zizoor
(@zizoor)
New Member Registered
November 9, 2019 17:57  

Hi!

I figured some people would be interested in this talk, with a lot of cool information and pretty good questions and answers. It starts around 2 minutes in and ends at 48 minutes. 

https://youtu.be/cqDve8BvJ9c

I'm also thinking that a few of you guys who might not be located in Sweden might just miss all this due to its relative obscurity. 

Cheers!

/Zizoor

Jim liked
Topic Tags
amd
Zizoor
(@zizoor)
New Member Registered
November 11, 2019 09:15  

Well.. This is awkward. Since I posted this the link changed significantly. Since it was a live-stream at the time I assume. My mistake. Heres the right time-stamps.

https://youtu.be/cqDve8BvJ9c?t=12665

3hrs 31 minutes START

4hrs 16 END.

ReplyQuote
Jim
 Jim
(@adored)
Member Admin
November 14, 2019 04:26  

@zizoor

Cheers, pretty bizarre that Joe would be in Stockholm and not try to get in contact with me as well, but hey-ho. 😉

Zizoor liked
ReplyQuote
HappyPie
(@happypie)
New Member Registered
November 25, 2019 15:18  

@Jim I asked him about chiplets design for GPU, what his take was on it.
He said that having multiple "gpu" chiplets would just make it like a crossfire solution, which would not be so beneficial as we know.
Also if you would go to towards a good working solution that would work on a chiplet design (I assumed like breaking up the inner parts of a GPU similarly like Zen 2 with its I/O die and compute dies) it would be very very... very difficult he said.

My follow up question was what if you had one full Raster GPU chiplet and several pure Raytrace chiplets (because ray tracing by nature is highly scalable, near perfect), if that would that be beneficial.
His answer started out positive but we got soon interrupted by the stage before he had the chance to share this take on it 😀

I didn't went back to him unfortunately to continue that discussion and I also had other similar interesting GPU questions, kinda regret it now ....but had to talk to others at the party as well so 😉

Jim liked
ReplyQuote

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Please Login or Register