Share:
Notifications

Transport Fever 2 - Utterly Superb!  

RSS

yeehi
(@yeehi)
Eminent Member Registered
March 26, 2020 06:02  

This game is totally brilliant. If you ever enjoyed a train set, you really ought to see this in action. It is a dream come true!

You lay out your tracks on beautiful terrain, replete with birds, trees and animals, and choose your train engine and carriages. You build train stations.

What makes this such a joy is that you can zoom in to see the engines in full glory, and hear them running. You can transport passengers or cargo. I absolutely loved the campaign in Glasgow, where you ship in iron ore, coal and make steel. You then need to ferry in whisky from the west coast islands (you have paddle steamers too!). Then it is a West Coast line to bring in workers from the Highlands.

That campaign alone would give you hours of fun, but then there are the planes too! You can hear the rotors on the Junkers, and as time progresses, you can establish routes for other planes like the DC-10. This game could save your life, it is such fun in this time of Coronavirus!

It needs a bit of a clearer explanation of how the signals boxes work. Good modding community too. This game can only get better. Definitely worth a look! I would love to hear what you think of it.

Main Page

https://www.transportfever2.com/

Video:

https://www.invidio.us/watch?v=yK2__WGmhPw

Topic Tags
Olle P
(@olle-p)
March 26, 2020 06:07  

Seems like a slightly updated version of the classic Railroad Tycoon.

ReplyQuote
yeehi
(@yeehi)
March 26, 2020 06:55  

@olle-p

Railroad Tycoon was a brilliant game, especially for its time. (Sid Meier ensures quality control on his games and is a good designer.)

What is hard to appreciate it until you play Transport Fever 2 is the fun of jumping into one of your locomotives and enjoying the beautiful view and sounds as you travel through the scenery. As you go along, you recognize the other trains on nearby lines, and it is enjoyable knowing what cargo they are carrying and their destination.

It doesn't feel like a rehash at all when you play it. For me, it is like a train set of the mind. I love it.

ReplyQuote

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!