Build Guide - New Categories  

RSS
yeehi
(@yeehi)
Active Member Registered

I would like to see some more builds up there for the following categories:

• Mini-ITX
  • Liquid Cooled

Though the listed build might be controversial as to being the best, it could generally be accepted as being a very good build.

Perhaps there could be a "Spec My Build" request section too, where people could detail their requirements and have people suggest some components.

Posted : August 16, 2019 15:54
yeehi
(@yeehi)
Active Member Registered

Also, the builds should be listed with their build date, the date the build was last edited.

It would be handy if earlier versions of the build could be linked too.  You could give the build a version number which might also indicate how long the build has remained. For example, v 19.08 could indicate the spec was decided in 2019 in August. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 17, 2019 04:04
Alex Stevens
(@alex-stevens)
Member Moderator
Posted by: @yeehi

I would like to see some more builds up there for the following categories:

• Mini-ITX
  • Liquid Cooled

Though the listed build might be controversial as to being the best, it could generally be accepted as being a very good build.

Perhaps there could be a "Spec My Build" request section too, where people could detail their requirements and have people suggest some components.

Mini-ITX is something I'd like to do soon, also I would like to introduce changelogs but need to talk to the rest of the staff about this. Thanks for the comment!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 24, 2019 14:56
yeehi liked
RobinHood
(@robinhood)
New Member Registered

With 'Gaming' builds, I'd like to see a move away from $xxx builds altogether, to more intuitive resolution led builds, i.e. 1080/1440/4k builds using a representative suite of games and a focus on getting the biggest bang for the buck.

This post was modified 5 days ago by RobinHood
ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2019 05:04
F7GOS
(@f7gos)
Eminent Member Registered

@robinhood

problem there is that Resolution / Price / Quality is pretty similar to the old price, quality, time triangle rule of thumb

Replace time with Resolution and there you have it, two are always achievable, want to play 1440p on an RX 580, no problem... but quality settings will suffer... Want to game at 4K Ultra? well then the value aspect is out the window.

Since folks need to buy the kit and that at the end of the day will be the deciding factor for 9/10 builders its probably most sensible to keep it cost based.

Although in each build it does tell you what it's gearing for detail and res wise.

Feel Free to check out the F7GOS youtube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/F7GOS

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 18, 2019 05:56

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Please Login or Register