Awaiting Moderation...

Share:

Awaiting Moderation & Forum Rules  

RSS
SithAri
(@sithari)
New Member Registered

1) I've made 2 posts so far. I've noticed that on each of my post appears a message saying """awaiting moderation""" 😱 . What exactly this means? that every member's post would first need to be approved by the moderator?? can you imagine a site with thousands of members posting ??? will the moderator need to approve all these thousands of comments , or perhaps i'm missunderstanding something here 🤔 ?

2).....Which leads me to : 2). I can't find the "Forum's Rules" . Aren't they ready yet , or perhaps i'm too blind to see them 😝 ???

CPU:AMD FX8370
RAM: 20GB [email protected]
GPU:nVidia GTX1080

Posted : June 5, 2019 13:24
Rexxilion liked
thehumangerm
(@thehumangerm)
Eminent Member Registered

By default the first couple new threads you make require moderation. This is a standard anti spam feature on forums. That goes away after a couple posts. I dealt with it as well when I first posted a new thread as my second post. As they get the site sorted they may switch to other protections instead. It also might have to do with links being added. Not sure what specifically setting it off.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2019 03:14
Rexxilion and SithAri liked
Temujin
(@temujin)
Member Forum Moderator
Posted by: SithAri

1) I've made 2 posts so far. I've noticed that on each of my post appears a message saying """awaiting moderation""" 😱 . What exactly this means? that every member's post would first need to be approved by the moderator?? can you imagine a site with thousands of members posting ??? will the moderator need to approve all these thousands of comments , or perhaps i'm missunderstanding something here 🤔 ?

2).....Which leads me to : 2). I can't find the "Forum's Rules" . Aren't they ready yet , or perhaps i'm too blind to see them 😝 ???

Things are still being worked on in the background, the forum can almost be seen as if it were in a sortoff beta stage. Rules are being considered and worked on and are indeed not to be found at the moment. I guess we rely on a bit of natural humanity and a fair load of common sense for now.

Can you specify in which threads you are seeing the 'awaiting for moderation' message. As this should not happen per default in most (if not all) forum threads afaik. ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2019 03:20
Rexxilion and SithAri liked
thehumangerm
(@thehumangerm)

I know this is not my thread but this one sat that way for like a day or two for me. Hopefully that helps you out tuning settings. 
https://adoredtv.com/community/hardware-forum-hardware-forum/ibm-binning-all-the-golden-silicon-out-of-9900k-chipset-line-to-put-out-factory-overclocked-9900ks/

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2019 03:38
Temujin
(@temujin)
Member Forum Moderator

Ah, We have indeed had such situations in certain subsections of the forums in the initial days after the website went life. As far as I am aware this should be fixed now.

Can you confirm that this 'awaiting for moderation'-issue is not longer popping its head up for you in more recent posts (like todays) ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2019 04:00
thehumangerm
(@thehumangerm)

I only had the issue on the day AdoredTV's video announced the issued. Just thought that extra info might help. And knowing that the issue was only a temporary one for me let me help put their concerns at ease. Cheers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2019 04:59
Temujin
(@temujin)
Member Forum Moderator
Posted by: thehumangerm

I only had the issue on the day AdoredTV's video announced the issued. Just thought that extra info might help. And knowing that the issue was only a temporary one for me let me help put their concerns at ease. Cheers.

Thanks for the information and responses. Your experiences match up with what we've been aware off and we expect it to no longer happen in places unless we intentionally setup a specific subforum to use it.

Now remains the question when @SithAri noticed this issue most recently and in what subsection of the forum.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2019 05:06
SithAri
(@sithari)
New Member Registered

OK , as far as I can see now , the "awaiting moderation" message has disappeared from all my posts !! thanks !!

CPU:AMD FX8370
RAM: 20GB [email protected]
GPU:nVidia GTX1080

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2019 08:13
Temujin
(@temujin)
Member Forum Moderator
Posted by: SithAri

OK , as far as I can see now , the "awaiting moderation" message has disappeared from all my posts !! thanks !!

Great to hear. Thanks for reporting it. We might miss on some things ourselfs every now and then. Getting the feedback on potential issues helps us out a lot.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2019 09:19
SithAri liked
Gilbert Guldlock
(@gilbert-guldlock)
Member Forum Moderator

Half a year later, when I registered on 26 November, there still seemed to be no rules. At least I couldn't find any.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2019 15:58
Temujin
(@temujin)
Member Forum Moderator

@gilbert-guldlock

You are correct. It seems like people have been behaving well enough based on common-sense. Therefor, nothing has pushed us real hard towards coming up with a neat list of do's and don'ts.

If you have a specific need or desire for something, and you doubt whether it would be appreciated. Then you could ofcourse always ask whether it indeed would be appreciated, or not. Having that doubt in the first place however might be telling enough.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2019 04:32

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Please Login or Register